- If you go to the moves alone on Valentine’s Day, people will stare. Go anyway. A good movie is worth it.
- It’s okay to be alone on Valentines Day. I have been for 23 years.
- It’s never too early to start saving your money. I’m all for treating yourself, but a nice cushion of savings can go a long way.
- You can always go home. Always.
- Family, you can’t pick them. But, you should still love them. Be thankful for them.
- Follow your heart, but don’t let it control your mind. Love makes the world go round, but it doesn’t always make the most rational decisions. (Oh and always love yourself first)
- There are no rules to ‘adulting.’ Some people are just better at pretending they have it all together.
- Dress to impress. (Leggings and sweats are not real pants)
- Take your time, don’t hastily rush into big decisions. You don’t have to be on the same page as your peers.
- Travel. Go to a new place at least once a year.
- Coloring you hair might make you feel better at the time but it won’t fix your problems. (Ombre is fun but it isn’t a problem solver)
- Your 20’s aren’t too old to visit Disney World. It is for all ages. It’s impossible not to be happy there.
- Take more pictures with you best friends and family.
- Learning to cook a proper meal is actually really important. You won’t live with your mom forever.
- One cannot own too many lipsticks. Let me rephrase that, one cannot own too many shades of red lipstick.
- Create a well balanced wardrobe for yourself. Crop tops are cool and all but so are professional outfits.
- Don’t do things because your friends are, do them because you want to.
- Eating alone in public places is actually quite peaceful. It doesn’t make you a loner or a loser, it just means you are hungry.
- Some friends in your life will be stepping stones to greater things. That doesn’t mean you should regret time spent with them.
- It’s never to late to become a sports fan. I recommend hockey. I used to hate to watch sports. Now, I never miss a Pittsburgh Penguins game.
- If you’re a crazy cat lady, just own up to it. There is no shame in loving those adorable, furry, little things. (Not to discriminate against dogs, I love them too.)
- Anyone can enjoy reading if you find the right book.
- Loving your birthday is important. Not in a selfish way. But, because it’s a whole day to celebrate the importance of your unique life.
A bonus for good luck:
24. Buy the concert ticket. Always, buy the concert ticket.