Twenty-one years young or twenty-one years old. However you look at it, it is twenty-one glorious years of life.
As you grow, you learn. All the lessons you learn add up over the years. Some are much greater than others. I love the simple ones the most. These things help you get by in life.
So I said to myself, why not make a list of 21 things I have learned in 21 years of life?
- Red lipstick will never fail you
- Life is short, buy the concert ticket
- Number two also applies to shoes (Life is short, buy the shoes)
- Traveling abroad will change your life
- Eat the last French fry. Go ahead you can do it.
- One can never have too many celebrity crushes
- College, yeah college rocks
- Say “I Love You” everyday to your family and friends
- Everything happens for a reason
- No matter how tall you are, rock those high heels (even though I’m only 5’4”)
- Embrace the weird
- Choose your words wisely
- Go Greek. My sorority changed my life.
- Drink at least one cup of tea a day
- Having curly hair rocks
- Read for fun (Especially Harry Potter)
- Talk to strangers. Their story might surprise you.
- It is not possible to be overdressed or overeducated
- King size chocolate bars are so worth it
- But in all seriousness, red lipstick will be your best friend